How do you make SUCCESS out of your DREAMS?
Your goal will remain a dream unless powerful purpose combined with action is taken
Here are some tips and thinking points to keep you on the right track for achieving your goals and achieving success.
- Goals must be written down – A goal that is not written down can easily become a vague notion, a fantasy or a dream. If you think it, ink it and this will engrave them in your subconscious.
- Talk about your goals – make yourself accountable to not just yourself but your friends and family or anyone else who may be able to help keep you on track and keep you in a positive frame of mind.
- Goals must be measurable – how will you know when you’ve achieved your goal? To set a goal without at least one measure of its achievement is like planning a journey without a destination. Establish a way to measure the outcome.
- Assess and review your goals regularly – re-visit your goals regularly to make sure that you still have them in your sights and that you are indeed on track to achieving them. Make this a habit!
- Goals must be specific – describe your goal in a sentence that is clear and specific, not like a goal of wanting to see the world – is too vague.
- Goals should be positive – although the subconscious is amazingly powerful, it is unable to distinguish between positive and negative. Concentrate on positive thoughts to help you make the difference when setting out to achieve your goals. Avoid the negative use words like “I do not want to fail my French language test” as that keeps the notion of failure in your thoughts, positive language will help keep you on track. “I will pass my French language test with 70% or above”.
- Celebrate achieving your goals – when a goal is achieved, remember to congratulate yourself and celebrate your achievement!
“How do you make SUCCESS out of your DREAMS?”